"TRIBUTO A LOS GRANDES TALENTOS DE LA COCINA MEXICANA" emerged in 2018 as a tribute to the creators who lead the avant-garde in the contemporary Mexican gastronomy.
With the desire to pay tribute to the best of the current Mexican cuisine, Porfirio’s has decided to bring together for the second consecutive year some of the most talented Mexican chefs of today. All of them have been recognized at a national level, with promising careers, winners of important prizes in the culinary field, other are professors, entrepreneurs and artists of the kitchen.
The worlds gastronomic scene is nourished with a lot of talent today, so Porfirio’s this year as in 2018 has been given to the task of bringing together 6 outstanding talents in Mexico, who thanks to their skills and dedication have shone nationally and internationally. This is how the second edition of “TRIBUTO A LOS GRANDES TALENTOS DE LA COCINA MEXICANA” emerged, whose purpose was to gather the current flavors of Mexico and to include them in a unique proposal, in the same menu that is presented to Porfirio’s guests as a catalogue of the most outstanding of our gastronomy.
After considering several names, they finally selected the profiles of those chefs who represent a specific moment of our present. Those who manage to rescue a forgotten taste of our cuisine or venture successfully on a land previously unexplored by their colleagues, giving it new nuances and rethinking their art every day from new perspectives and through a contemporary vision.
This year, TRIBUTO A LOS GRANDES TALENTOS DE LA COCINA MEXICANA counts with the participation of six of the most eminent representatives of the contemporary Mexican gastronomy , each one contributing with its particular vision and its distinctive touch to enrich the project.
We present you the profile of each one of the chefs invited to be part of this second edition of “TRIBUTO A LOS GRANDES TALENTOS DE LA COCINA MEXICANA”.
- Rodrigo Estrada, renowned chef and entrepreneur. Nowadays it is the head behind the restaurant Agua & Sal. His dish: rice with drunken seafood
- José Luis Sánchez Ronquillo, a leading culinary creator and professor, he currently serves as executive Chef at The Palm restaurant. His dish: Filet pipian de Tizatlán.
- Pepe Salinas, Internationally-awarded chef who is part of this project for the second time. Nowadays he leads the Balcón del Zócalo. His dish: Huachinango Mirasol.
- Tonatiuh Cuevas, is a recognized personality of the culinary field of our country, chef specialized in Nayarita cuisine, currently in charge of the restaurant Zanaya at Four seasons Hotel in Mexico City. His dish: Salmon Tlapique.
- Alfredo Reyeros, experiencedcChef whose outstanding career has led him to be currently behind the kitchen of Beefbar restaurant as executive Chef. His dish: rib tacos.
- Anna Ruíz, Mexican chef, teacher and bakery artist. She has recently created her own brand Anna Ruiz Store. The proposal that will close the menu this year:sweet mole bomb.
Enjoy this exclusive menu at any of Porfirio’s restaurants, in Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mérida, Mexico City in Masaryk, Altavisa and soon in Parque Toreo and Puebla.